Search This Blog

Friday 26 April 2013

1/12th Scale 'Lupin Cottage'



This was my very first attempt at using the brick compound and stencil technique from Bromley Crafts. I found the bricks harder to do than the stone but I think I improved as I went along (I started off on the back wall so that any glaring mistakes wouldn't be too obvious!) This is Lupin Cottage. Same size and style as Cockleshell so they stand quite nicely together to form what could be the start of a seaside street. Mrs. Smith has been busy making tea for the handyman Bert who has called round just to make sure the house is in order before it goes on the market. He's enjoying a nice cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit before he starts work. Lupin Cottage is on ebay today so please take a look. Bert and Mrs. Smith were both made by the very talented Susan Emsell and the lavenders were from Marianne Cook.

2 comments:

  1. I like the scene outside the cottage.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your houses!! I just received my first dolls house which I believe is a 1950's original. Do you have any tips for how to decorate or where to get furniture? I'm in Manchester, is there anywhere local you'd recommend? Thanks!! Christine cc

    ReplyDelete